• 2 lemongrass stalks (white part only)
• 1 litre chicken stock
• 4cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
• 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
• 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra, to serve
• 2 tsp grated palm sugar
• 500gm Steggles turkey diced thigh fillet
• 100g button mushrooms, halved
• 400ml can coconut milk
• 150gm green beans cut into thirds
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 2 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges to serve
• Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Bruise the lemongrass stems with the back of a knife and cut each one in half.
- In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock, lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves, chilli and palm sugar to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, mushrooms and coconut milk and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring, until turkey is cooked. Add beans for 2 to 3 minutes. Add fish sauce and lime juice.
- Ladle the soup, into bowls, and top with basil leaves.