3 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
3/4 cup milk
4-5 small tomatoes
Handful of fresh rocket, roughly chopped
1/2 cup (or more) Maasdam cheese, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
Salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees.
- In small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic. Toss in tomatoes and cover evenly.
- Place in small roasting dish (with dressing) and roast for about 20 minutes until skin looks withered.
- Grease the holes of a 12-hole patty pan. Use a 12cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 12 circles from the pastry.
- Place in the prepared pan, pressing the pastry into the edges of each hole.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- For egg mixture, in mixing bowl, whisk eggs with a bit of salt and pepper and set aside.
- In small pot, heat milk to just prior to boil, remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled to warm, beat into egg mixture.
- Over shells, layer bottom of each muffin cup with a little cheese and rocket.
- Pour in egg mixture to 3/4 full.
- Place sliced tomato on the top with a little more cheese and garnish with a bit more rosemary if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until light, golden brown.